While we don’t always have openings, we’re always accepting applications from talented individuals on all levels…’cause if you’re a star, we’ll make room for you!
With four generations of family ownership comes stability and commitment to our community. Ames Linen Service offers a culture of honesty, ethics, and integrity in all that we do.
Come join our growing team!
“You’re not a number here… You’re a member of the Family”.
Do you like to keep busy? Are you excited to work as part of a team?
Our Production Associates make a huge impact on our finished product quality. They work hard to take care of our customers, but they have fun while doing it!
Work hours are generally 7am to 4:30 pm, 5 days per week at our state-of-the-art plant with opportunities for growth into leadership roles. Safety, quality, and efficient production guide our work.Click Here to apply online
Route Service Representative
Do you love helping people? Do you have an A+ personality? Will you embody
our “customer focused” philosophy? Then you might have what it takes to be an RSR.
This position is far more than a delivery driver! We provide “on the road” customer service where taking care of the customer is our ultimate priority! You must have clean driver’s license (No CDL Required) and you’ll also be home every night…No overnight runs!Click Here to apply online
We will gladly invest in and train the right person to continue to grow with us in this role!
Production Supervisor – This is a newly created position!
Primary Objectives: Safety, Quality, Production
The Production Supervisor works, under the direction of the Plant Manager, to coordinate the flow of goods between departments and to help solve production challenges. This person works to maintain positive employee morale and serves as a mentor for all employees in training. Additional duties include responsibility for plant safety, product quality, and other projects or duties as assigned.
This is a working supervisory position, not a desk job. Positive attitude and strong communication skills are essential.
If you have a happy disposition, high energy level, and affinity for working with people then this is a good job for you!
Minimum of 5 years work experience in a production environment is preferred.
Target Compensation is $15-$16 per hour, but commensurate with experience.
The Service Director should be totally committed to 100% Customer Retention. We do not strive for simple “customer satisfaction” but a cultivation of “Raving Fans.” Our customers are accustomed to the “Ames Way” and it is your responsibility to exceed their expectations of what a service experience should be.
We expect you to go above and beyond for our customers. As our Service Director, you will coach your team to elevate their customer service approach and assist the team in developing and implementing appropriate standards and processes to continuously elevate the overall experience for our customers.
- Uncompromising commitment to customer retention and loyalty
- 100% Self management and Personal accountability
- Great leadership/management skills
- Extreme sense of urgency
- Proactive planning and organization ability
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Possessing a rare combination of analytical thinking, hands-on problem solving, and a customer-service mindset.
Management of Entire Customer Service Function. Responsible for:
- Monitoring service agreement expiration dates and securing renewals
- Ensuring 100% customer loyalty by building and nurturing relationships with all customers
- Visiting Top 35 customers quarterly or as otherwise defined and completing Customer Service Visitation Form.
- Proactively identifying and solving problems, while adhering to policies and procedures
- Merchandise and inventory control at customer locations to achieve net merchandise cost goals.
- Re-routing as required to operate highly efficient routes
- Oversee New Customer Installations and ensure proper onboarding procedures have been adhered to
Personnel Management. Responsible for:
- Internal (Office CSRs in coordination with Office Manager)
- External (Route Service Representatives, Route Managers)
- All aspects of the Employee Lifecycle: Recruiting, Hiring, Onboarding, Training, Development, Retention, Off-boarding
- Ensuring Performance Reviews are done in a timely manner and Compensation is adjusted accordingly in order to increase engagement and retention
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the RSRs and RSMs
- Performing a minimum of (10) route rides per year to identify coaching opportunities.
- Feedback, Coaching, and Corrective Action taken when necessary
- Ensuring Accreditation Compliance at all times
- Ensuring compliance with all SOP’s at all times
Management of Fleet Program. Responsible for:
- Administering the Leased Vehicle Program
- Scheduling/overseeing all Fleet Maintenance Programs
- Managing all Vendor Relationships – including but not limited to: Leasing company, mechanics, tire service, auto parts, decals, fuel
- Cost Control / Oversight of Fuel and Vehicle Maintenance Expense Lines
- Mileage Rotations to assure “even use” of trucks
- Proactively resolving any problems related to fleet management or maintenance
- Manage, Audit, & Support all local, state, and federal compliance regulations, including compliance inspections
Sales. Responsible for:
- Responding to all new business inquiries in a timely manner
- Opportunistic sales in defined growth areas, within current footprint
Reports To: President
Direct Reports: (2) Route Service Managers, (10) Route Service Representatives
Continual Collaboration: Production Manager, Office Manager
Professional experience: Prior service management experience in a service-focused industry. (3+ to 5 years minimum). Laundry/linen expertise is not required but of course valued.
Educational experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.